This is going to be our first trip without our little Chloe along with us. I've only been away from her for roughly 48 hours back in February when I went on my Kyani work conference. This time will be double that! We are dropping her off with my parents tonight since we leave so early tomorrow morning. I know it will be hard, but more importantly, it is exactly what JP and I need! It's so important to remember to focus on each other and our marriage. After all, it's because we love each other so much that we brought her into this world!
Okay, enough sap, I don't want to think about leaving my baby, but as a nursing mom, I have no choice but to think of her constantly! If you are or have ever breastfed a baby, you know where I'm coming from. Several years ago, I shared my travel essentials for a transatlantic flight. Today, I thought I'd let you in on what's packed in my carry on these days! Needless to say, there are some things that are VERY different.
- Longchamp Le Pilage Tote: Y'all this this is amazing. I received it as a gift almost 3 years ago and it is holding up in great condition. It holds so much, is easy to clean, looks cute with almost every outfit and can withstand the wear and tear of travel.
- iPhone & iPad: Pretty self explanatory. Needed for mindless games, reading and so much more once you get to your destination!
- Nikon DSLR: I have the Nikon D5100. It was my Christmas gift several Christmases ago and one of the best things I've ever received! I'm not the best and could stand to take a class to learn how to use it better, but it takes great pictures. I've taken it with me on our last two Europe trips and on several other vacations in the States. I can't wait to show y'all what I capture this time.
- Magazines: Magazines are good to have in case your phone battery is low or if you have a headache from looking at a screen. That happens to me occasionally, so I try to keep a Self and People or US Weekly in my bag.
- Snacks: One of the number one things in my bag as far as rank of importance goes. I've always been a hungry person. I'm very active and have a high metabolism. Now that I'm breastfeeding, I'm ravenous. I want to eat everything and need snacks between meals to keep from feelings like I'm withering away. You may think I'm being a bit dramatic, but it's just the truth.
- Neck pillow: Must have in order to get any sleep on a 6:00AM flight!
- Infinity scarf: This my friends is what you use to breastfeed or pump in public! It's way cuter and more functional than the large nursing covers. Plus you can match it with your outfit and feel far more stylish.
- Breastmilk bags & Nursing pads: Since I'll be pumping on this trip, I need to pack bags with me wherever I go! The nursing pads are great for leakage which I don't have much of anymore, but I still wear them for comfort purposes.
- Breast pump & Cooler: My electric pump will actually be packed in my suitcase, but I will have my hand pump and cooler in my carry on bag. The hand pump is great when you're on the go to help relieve pressure when you get too full. If you know it will be a while before you have time to sit down and pump, this allows you to continue on with your day. I've used it on an airplane, on the Disney Magical Express, in the car, you name it. All you need is your trusty infinity scarf to keep yourself covered. Usually no one around you even knows what's going on!
There you have it! My nursing mom travel essentials!
What do you HAVE to have in your bag when traveling?