How adorable is this sweet little girl? I've been putting her green outfits on her this week because she's my little baby doll.
It's been a tradition the past few years to have a pistachio muffin for breakfast on St. Patrick's Day! I mean, why not? They're green and delicious, so it only makes sense. Plus my friend/coworker Lauren and I both love them, but know how bad they are for us. Having something you love that's delicious and not nutritious is just fine every now and then!
three.Looking for something green to eat that's a little bit healthier than muffins?! You have to try my turkey stuffed bell peppers! I don't make these as often as I should. There are several ingredients, but they're super easy to make. These bad boys are low cholesterol, low fat (especially if you get the 90-10 turkey or higher!) and gluten free. If you're not a fan of rice, try substituting quinoa!
1lb ground turkey
2 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 -3/4 (6oz can) green chiles and diced tomatoes
1/2 cup corn kernels
1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 bell peppers, any color
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non stick spray. You can also line the dish with parchment paper if available.
- Brown your ground turkey. Season with salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder.
- Cut off the tops of your bell peppers. Remove stems and seeds from inside the pepper's cavity. Rinse thouroghly to remove remaining seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, rice, green chiles, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, garlic, onion and chili powder (remaining 1/2 tsp), salt and pepper, to taste.
- Fill each each bell pepper to the top. Place peppers on prepared baking dish and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!
This is an old picture...like two years old, but I look pretty much the same and I'm wearing this shirt today! I don't know what other green shirt I would wear! Watch out cycle class...here I come! Rawrrrrr!
Speaking of cycle class, check out this awesome St. Patrick's Day playlist I made! Looking for something a little different with some St. Patty's Day spirit! Try some of these songs!
I clearly love food, but it's not St. Patrick's Day without Lucky Charms. They're magically delicious! Okay, I didn't have these today, but I had a habit of eating these when I was pregnant. They were so delicious and I love eating all the carbs!
I couldn't leave you with all this green food, a Celtic inspired workout play list and no workout to do! All you need is some sort of step which I refer to as a box in the above workout! You can use a park bench, a curb, a stair, whatever you have to make this work. Below are examples of all the exercises, but feel free to ask me questions about anything!
There you have it! I hope today is magical, lucky, green and anything else that St. Patrick's Day should be! Now get your bootie moving!