Hey hey! Happy Friday y'all! I'm back again with another recipe to share with y'all for my 2016 Cooking Challenge. After a few weeks, I'm still going strong. We've been cooking a lot more than usual which is exactly what I intended for this challenge. As always, I have my little helper around to keep me in check.
There she is eying me from her big girl Exersauser...which by the way, she actually moves around in and interacts with these days! My little ChloWorm is growing up so fast!
This week I wanted to try one of the recipes that I found on Pinterest once I decided to create this challenge for myself. The colors of the dish were so vibrant and it's a clean recipe, so I had to give it a try. Plus it really only takes 20 minutes. Yes please, count me in! Here's the original recipe. I made a few changes to ours and personally, I think it was for the best! (I'm still working on my food photography skills so don't judge me :))
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 medium zucchini squash
- 2 cups corn (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tsp olive or coconut oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup of crumbled feta (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut boneless skinless chicken breast into 1 inch cubes.
- Preheat skillet on medium heat, add 1 tsp oil, swirl to coat.
- Add 1 clove of crushed garlic and cook for 10 seconds. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 10 minutes uncovered while stirring occasionally.
- Move chicken to a bowl and set aside.
Zucchini and Corn
- Cut zucchini into half moon shapes.
- Cook the same way as the chicken (steps 2-4) but for 6 minutes only.
Put it Together
- Add chicken back into skillet and stir.
- Add crumbled feta. Sprinkle half over skillet and stir.
- Remove from heat.
- Plate your dish and sprinkle the remaining feta on the dish!
Storage Instructions: Refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 5 days. The flavors have time to settle in the fridge; it's delicious as leftovers hot or cold!
This recipe came out at 4 servings for us!
There you have it Week 2 of my Cooking Challenge complete. Take a look at all my recipes from this year below:
2016 Cooking Challenge
Lemon Pepper Crusted Chicken