1. Run a marathon. Okay this one may be a little obvious, but last year my goal was to train for a marathon and it only seems right to have run a marathon as a 2013 goal. I've never done one before, so I think it's an awesome goal to have.
2. Get a gym membership. Usually I don't need to buy a gym membership. I've always taught at 24 Hour Fitness or had a gym at my office building. Unfortunately, I'm not at a place in my life right now where I can teach group exercise regularly. I want to, but it's not reasonable with my schedule. That being said, the hubs and I are getting gym memberships stat!
3. Run 13 races in 2013. I'm already signed up for a marathon and two halves. All I need are 10 more different races. It can even be a 5K! I just want to run 13 different races this year. I'm hoping to include a marathon, half marathon, mud run, color run, 10K and 5K.
4. Go to 1 group exercise class per week. Since I'll have a gym membership, I'll have access to group exercise. I love group exercise. It can be any type of class from kickboxing to yoga and step to cycling. I want to experience various class types to help be as an instructor especially since I'm not currently teaching!
5. Attend 2 fitness workshops for my certification. Last year, I struggled to get all my continuing education credits at the last minute for my certification. I don't have to re-cert until 2014, but again since I'm not actively teaching, I want to be as involved as possible. Who knows maybe I'll be able to start teaching later this year!
So here's the deal. I have a way to reach one of my goals for this year and can help you out too! Meet Morgan...
Hey guys! This is Morgan from Color in Motion 5k. I am so excited to be blogging to tell you about one of the most fun events of the year and offer Amy Gougler's readers an awesome deal for the Color in Motion 5k fun run, the most colorful and fun 5k this year on February 2 in Houston. This race benefits the local Houston charity, Girls on the Run. This is an event you really don't want to miss out on!
**Use the discount code- GOUGLER to register and get 10% off race registration at colorinmotion5k.com/event/
So what is Color in Motion 5k? Color in Motion 5k is the most fun 5k race you will ever participate in. This is is not a timed race so run, walk, jog, whatever your prefer. I don’t know about you but I’m always looking for ways to have more fun. If you can combine having fun with exercise, friends and a great cause, I’m all in. What more could you want? Some great new photos? Well you can get that as well
If you are not familiar with Color in Motion 5k, here’s how it works.
Come in white clothes and start moving.
At every kilometer of the race there is a color pit where our wonderful volunteers throw color on you as you go by. Turning your white clothes into a pallette of color. Like these Color Chasers
What also makes Color in Motion different than your average 5k race is the after party. Afterwards there is a big party with music, dancing, vendors and a color throw.
Doesn’t that look fun? Having participated in one, I can promise you this is an event you DEFINITELY don’t want to miss out on.
So what do you have to do to join in on this fun? Go to colorinmotion5k.com/event/
Houston and sign up using GOUGLER to get 10% off, bring your friends and get ready to have a great time and support a great cause while doing it. I can't wait to see you covered in color on February 2!
So what do y'all say? Wanna do it! I know there is a group of Houston bloggers interested. It's a new year, so let's start it off right! When you sign up, don't forget to enter GOUGLER to get a 10% discount. I love discounts. I love color. I love running. So if you do to, come join me!!! You know you wanna...
Until next time...
With love and God bless,