- This past weekend was absolutely beautiful. The sun was out, which doesn't happen often, and the temps were in the upper 50's to mid 60's. It had to be the nicest weekend by far. Too bad JP and I were sick.
- Yesterday it started to rain what looked like Sonic ice and some were even bigger! It did this on and off for about 2 hours until we had a layer of Sonic ice on our lawn with some empty patches here and there. While it was not hailing, the flood gates opened in the Heavens and down poured all over Pittsburgh, PA.
- Maggie does NOT like to go potty outside in the rain. Maybe it was the hail...
- On top of the fact that it hailed yesterday, it snowed some last night. Last time I checked it is officially spring. The highs through the rest of the week are in the 30s with lows in the 20s. So much for global warming...(yes, that was also my Facebook post. Don't judge me.)
- Enough about weather, I filled up my gas tank this morning after going to the gym for the FIRST TIME since January 15th! I'm not even kidding. My radius in Pittsburgh is about 10 miles and this is stretching it. The only place that is really outside of my 5 mile radius is the airport. I did however, manage to go to the airport 5 times in 6 days while all my visitors were here though :)
- Working from home is harder than I anticipated. It's just not the same when you're not in the same room as a majority of the people on your call. I know that I am a people person, but I have realized just how much I count on people interaction to help me through the day. Thank goodness for JP, Miss Maggie and the gym!
- I miss my friends and family more than ever. Please know that all of you are in my heart and I think about each of you every day. I love being here on this adventure with my best friend, but I'll be excited when our journey takes us back to Texas!
- If anyone wants to take a long weekend/vacation to Pittsburgh or the east coast, let me know! Our home is always open to you and Pittsburgh is a lot cooler than one would think.
- Maggie can officially jump up onto our bed. It thoroughly pisses JP off. Our doors upstairs don't shut very well so she can take a running start and jump up at them. Again, this pisses JP off and me as well. It seriously needs to stop.
- Maggie has puppy class today. She has to show that she can lay down with a treat between her paws and "leave it." She can do it at home so let's hope she can impress her teacher and not be too distracted!
With love and God bless,
Amy, JP and Maggie